QUALITY POLICY Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected - Steve Jobs
About UsQuality Policy
Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected - Steve Jobs
A Different Approach
Concern for Individual
We consider every one of us is unique and is here with a purpose. Hence safety of every individual who ever steps into our worksites or environment is paramount in every task that we do. This deep concern is reflected in all our practices with Safety being given the pride of place in list of Must Dos.
Health is Wealth
Protecting the Health of all living beings including plants, animals & we humans that get affected by our operations are a matter of priority for us. We continuously strive to promote Healthy practices at all our work places.
No words can explain the importance we at PPM attach to our environment. We believe it is the only world that we have and we have a bounden duty to leave it a better place than what it was when we came.
- All systems and processes within the organisation are clearly defined and performance metrics in key areas closely monitored by the senior management to enable continuous improvement across all levels of the organisation.
Potential uses the following roadmap to establish the key performance indicators that will ensure these objectives are achieved:
- Meet and exceed client's needs and expectations
- Monitor key quality metrics for continuous improvement
- Quality Initiatives implemented for awareness among all stakeholders
- Improve Quality; company-wide through workshops & training
- Results of monitoring are continuously reviewed and effective steps taken for continuous improvement by the Senior Management of the company. The company takes pro-active role in enhancing & upgrading the systems & processes of all stakeholders resulting in improved level of service to end users.
- The quality of the work is checked constantly with procedures, checklists, quality audits & continuous technical up gradation. The quality audit shall be conducted at regular intervals and detailed reports on the same shall be submitted to the client. Effective 01 January 2012, such records shall be maintained in our archives for a period of 2 years.
- A Quarterly and Annual Quality Review (QQR & AQR) shall be conducted by the Senior Management to consolidate the results of the monitoring exercise and take action to ensure implementation across all projects simultaneously.